The College judges its success by the degree it:
- Engages in programs and activities that expand access to higher education for all members of the community.
- Offers college-preparatory instruction that prepares students for success in college-level work and life-long learning.
- Provides students with a full range of student development and academic support services.
- Offers students the opportunity to contribute to the well-being of others through service learning and volunteerism.
- Prepares individuals for employment in a variety of careers in business, the health sciences, computer applications, engineering and industrial technologies, and public service.
- Serves as an entry-point for bachelor degree programs by providing the first two years of a four-year program through a sequence of general education that stresses an appreciation of the arts and the humanities, the social sciences, mathematics and quantitative literacy, the sciences, communication, and information literacy.
- Provides economic development and continuing education activities to meet the needs of business, industry, and government while enhancing employee skills and enriching their lives.