River Valley Community College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by NECHE indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the NECHE is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the NECHE should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
New England Commission of Higher Education
301 Edgewater Place, Suite 210
Wakefield, MA 01880
Individual programs at the College have earned recognition and accreditation status by the following organizations:
- Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE): American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- New Hampshire Board of Nursing
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology