The Business Degree program at River Valley Community College consists of concentrations in Business Management or Healthcare Management. Either choice will allow the student the opportunity to enter the workforce, or continue their education and obtain a bachelor’s degree or more. Both concentrations will provide the student with a strong business background with an exposure to a wide variety of general education coursework.
Many people currently working in the field of business choose the Business Management degree to expand their potential for growth in the business workforce.
Graduates of the program are prepared to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of business practices including accounting, management, and marketing, and the applications of these topics in the business environment
- Think critically, articulate and explain various business topics and apply these concepts to solve common business problems.
- Communicate effectively using written, oral and non-verbal techniques, including the use of technology in the gathering and presentation of information.
- Demonstrate their knowledge of ethics and social responsibility, and how business integrates this into their ongoing operations.
Upon completion of the concentration, the students are prepared to pursue many different business careers in a variety of industries including manufacturing, marketing and sales distribution, and service organizations. Graduates can begin careers as management trainees or assistants in a broad array of industries including banking, insurance, manufacturing and investments. Also, students, should they so desire, can transfer to a bachelor’s degree program on a full or part-time basis.
* Most numbered courses listed for the degree have co/prerequisites. See course descriptions for requirements.