A student who has previously attended River Valley Community College and is admitted at a later time may be eligible for Academic Amnesty, which provides for the following:
- All grades taken during the student’s previous time at the College will no longer be used to calculate the student’s new cumulative GPA. However, grades C- and above taken during the student’s previous time at the Institute/College will be used to meet course requirements (where appropriate), subject to the approval of the Vice President of Academic & Student Affairs.
- Even though previous grades will not be used to calculate the new cumulative GPA, all previous grades will remain on the student’s transcript.
In order to be eligible for Academic Amnesty, a student must meet all of the following conditions:
- The student applies for Academic Amnesty before the start of their second semester after readmission;
- The student has not taken any courses at River Valley Community College for a period of at least three (3) years from the last semester of attendance;
- The student has never before received Academic Amnesty; and
- The student achieved a cumulative GPA below 1.7 during previous attendance.
Academic Amnesty forms can be found at www.rivervalley.edu.